Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 12, 2012

Could Samsung beat Apple with 'Made in the USA'?




So when readers write with ideas that they'd like to discuss, it's certainly more stimulating than Google's Vic Gundotra telling me that there's a right and a wrong way to use Google+.
This week, Tim Liao, who works for Cricket Communications, offered me this thought: "Samsung can finally beat Apple by making its tablet in America and boasting if you buy a Samsung tablet you are creating American jobs unlike if you buy an iPad."
I know that several of you will immediately whip out some fancy calculator app and tell me that this would be economically unfeasible. But, around here, emotions will always be more important than cash, so let's try to feel this one through.
I asked Liao--who is very much married to Apple and even knew Steve Jobs because Liao's aunt was an early Apple employee-- to persuade me a little further.

0 comments:

Post a Comment